Stained stainless steel on dishwasher door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stainless dishwasher, but the bottom foot or so of the stainless outer door has become stained. What is the best way to clean it/ refinish it.

If cleaning fails to work, would it be possible to get it refinished if I took the outer door off.

It's a Miele product, so the cost of refinishing the door if needed would be worthwhile I think.

It just looks tatty at the moment.

Sponsored Links
There are several "off the shelf" stainless steel cleaners available, check out your local supermarket or google it.
A trick I sometimes use on tatty stainless fascias is to spray it lightly with WD40 then give it a good buff.
If none of the above work then you could always replace it. If you post the full model details we can direct you to spares/prices.

Baby oil is also good on stainless steel.

Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances
Cleaning with vinegar makes it easier to remove streaks from stainless steel appliances. Apply vinegar with a soft cloth. Try in an inconspicuous place first.

From the vinegar institute , where else.

Sponsored Links
I had a mark on my SS freezer door, I gave it a rub with T cut.... ( that stuff for cars). It got rid of the mark and I then gave it a once over with baby oil

I had a quote for the door for over £200 +vat... a white one is £80!

Ill try the suggestions, many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back