Stained Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All my interior walls are painted with emulsion. The problem i have some of the walls are coated with bitcumen to prevent damp. I am getting patches of bitumen bleaching through the plaster onto my interior walls. I want to use a stain blocker to prevent bleaching. Can any one suggest a good quality stain blocker or any other alternative?.
I am thinking of using Bullseye 1 2 3 stain blocker, as i have heard it gives good results?.

Sponsored Links
you may have to used a aluminium primer to stop the bitumen bleeding thats what we use ;) bullyeye is good but dont know if it will cope with the bitumen with can burn through most primers ;) one coat of ali one coat of 123 should do the trick ;)

B_I_N is shellac based version of 321 :idea: and styptic is shellac too ;)

Sponsored Links
What is styptic or shellac? Please advize on which product to buy or what to ask for form a decorators center? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back