Stair height

M

marsaday

I am doing my attic conversion and to put access in i need to make 2 straight flights and a half landing. The height from top to bottom is 2.22m.

Now we have a window where the half landing will go and it looks like it will sit at the bottom of the window.

My question is can i lower the half landing by 10cm so it hits the exact bottom of the window. This will give a height from the current stairs up to the half landing of about 1m and then a height of 1.2m from the half landing up to the top level.

This will mean one flight rise is smaller than the other. i think this is not allowed, but wanted to check

Sponsored Links
you might get away with it if the half landing is deemed to be big enough,but for a normal half landing then no

Sponsored Links
you might get away with that, but only way to be sure is to speak to your BCO.
As a suggestion can't you just add an extra tred and bring the half landing well below the window.Providing it still complies with regs and fits on the goings

Got measurement totally wrong, landing sits half way on window, so totally irrelevant now. thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back