Stair Wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is there any particular type of wood I should use for my stairs. I have just got the type that has 2 'planks' of wood going up stairs - not the spindles.

Most wood I can see in diy stores is either not as thick as the wood currently in place or is sharp on the edges unlike the wood in place that has slightly rounded sides.

The current wood is chipped and battered over the years so I want to replace it and wold like to varnish it to a finish.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1st off go to a proper timber merchant,some one like alsfords.then buy the nearest timber of the size you allready have,then take the 'arriss' off(sand the edges down)then fix and decorate as needed.

or to save all that,take the old timber off and give it a dam good sanding down so its flat/smoothe then knock the edges off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back