Stairlift-laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all intend to laminate my hall removed old carpet by releasing all bolts and lifting stairlift slightly i.e. all the main beam up a bit.However when i come to laminate underneath i will need to lift the beam and stairlift a fair bit higher,is there a easy way to do this,was very heavy to move even slightly.
Thanks in advance
Paul :?:

Sponsored Links
Keeping in mind that I am only guessing what it looks like, firstly, I would make sure that the chair is at the opposite end of the stairs than you are working. Get a friend to help. Then use a suitable length of wood as a pry bar (The longer you can use, the easier it will be) Another small piece of wood underneath to act as a fulcram and gently lift the rail up to allow the Laminate to be slid underneath. MIND YOUR FINGERS!!!

Cheers for that Mark,will deffo keep the fingers out the way!!
Paul

Sponsored Links
Just to say have layed the laminate was a real ball ache though!!Took 3 off us to lift the beam and chair high enough to allow room to lay the laminate.Had to lift and resecure the beam approx 5" to allow access.Never again!!!!!
Paul ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back