standard wiring for a british gas wall plate for a programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone can you help me please, a friend of mine removed a randall set 5 programmer from his wall as he thought it was faulty and removed the wall plate without taking note of where the wires were. we are now struggling to rewire in a new lp722 programmer to the wiring we can sort of get it working but not correctly can anyone please supply me with a standard wiring diagram for the british gas set up on the wall plate or tell me which wires go where. the original randall set 5 has E,N,L,1,2,3,4,5,6, the new lp722 he has bought only has E,N,L,1,2,3,4, i know i need to connect L to no 2 and no 5 but which wires go into numbers 1,2,3 and 4 many thanks in anticipation of your replies Jon

Sponsored Links
What system type is it, there's y plan, s plan etc

here's honeywells Y plan

y1.jpg

Sponsored Links
hi chris thanks for the reply and the diagram but thats not the wiring part i am looking for. its the actual backplate wiring just for the programmer that i need not the whole system everything else is fine the problem with the system was actually the 3 way diverter valve is ceased so i will replace this but he has removed the old programmer from the wall and didnt make notes of where the wires were. obviously you have the mains wires from the fused switch to power up the boiler then you have 2 other cables which i am presuming one is for the hot water system and one is for the heating system power it is where these wires go thats the problem. i know i have to connect live to terminal 2 and 5 as apparently this was already done but its where the other 4 wires go thats the problem . i have tried every combo i can think of for the 4 wires i have managed to get heat and hot water working but its not controlled by the programmer like it should be . it is reall just the wiring for the programmer back plate i need thanks chris for your help hopefully you might know the answer to this one too

and yes it is a y plan system cheers jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back