Stanley 80k twin boiler broke.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have an 80k series stanley range. Had been working fine until today. It turns on but does not fire. It spins the oil pump then trips. Anywhere know where to start? I changed a solenoid and or rings in the pump last year. Ehat checks should i do? Is there an easy way to check the solenoids?
Thanks steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, sorry should of said the central heating side, cooker side hasnt worked last few years but not used

Check you actually have oil to ,pump after that there is a falt finding chart in your manual (available on line if you don't have it) just follow it methodically.

Sponsored Links
Thank, yeah i have oil at the pump. Will see if i can find a manual. Cheers

Check you actually have oil to ,pump after that there is a falt finding chart in your manual (available on line if you don't have it) just follow it methodically.
Jyst ran through the boiler and it appears i have no ignition, anychance you know what controls it?

Is this balanced flue? If so, there is a pressure switch that isolates the solenoid. When you say you have no ignition, have you checked for a spark at the electrodes or do you have no oil at the nozzle?

Is this balanced flue? If so, there is a pressure switch that isolates the solenoid. When you say you have no ignition, have you checked for a spark at the electrodes or do you have no oil at the nozzle?
Hi there, i have a spray if oil at nozzle but no spark at electrodes.

Not sure about the balance flue, i think it draws air from the toom

Electrodes on these are inclined to turn in porcelain insulators and will not spark therefore won't light. When was it last serviced as these
are a pig to get set right with 2 burners crammed into a 1ft cubed area.

So you have oil but no spark. First, check electrodes are in the right position and connected. Secondly, isolate the power to the burner, remove the control box and put a link in between the live and transformer terminals. Switch power back on. If you get no spark, then transformer is goosed. If you get a spark, then remove the link, replace control box. If no spark, then control box is suspect. You have a spare control box on the cooker burner. You may also have a spare transformer there too, but it may be different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back