Stanley Fatmax Battery - V20 compatible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 Stanley FMC687Lbatteries. which I have to replace my current Stanley Powermax drill being faulty.

Are these batteries compatible with the V20 range of fatmax tools, looking at a Stanley Fatmax 18v brushless drill.

Sponsored Links
look completely different to me take an old battery and tool to a shop and try thats all you can do without a direct answer

Ok,

Stanley have confirmed the original fatmax ion 18v Lithium batteries from 2018 era.

Cannot be used with the fatmax V20 range of tools even though they are 18v

Indeed appart from ryobi new type and dewalt old type who maintain same battery and tools through several changes most if not all manufacturers automatically change compatability

Sponsored Links
One problem for the consumer is that if the manufacturer changes the chemistry of the cell for more capacity or amps available then the terminal volts for 100% can change a little bit, and taking any cell as little as 5mV over its safe limit can be hazardous, which is why you stick to the charger for a given battery pack. have a look through the battery university website if you want to know more

Cannot be used with the fatmax V20 range of tools even though they are 18v
have you tried? It won't take much to knock up a pair of temporary jumper wires so you can connect the + and - of the battery to the relevant terminals on the tool and see if it runs

If it does then you can buy or fashion an adapter so that the new battery clips onto the old tool. If you struggle to find an old shape adapter, cut up the failed battery and use that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back