Starburst TS700 ALarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Starburst TS700 intruder alarm system. Normally when I set it, the number of seconds to it being armed comes up.

This morning, 9999 appears in the display and I just get a continuous tone. I have done a walk test and all circuits are Healthy.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is ?

Also, the same morning my boiler wouldn't fire up ?

I now have a British Gas engineer arriving shortly, whether they are connected I really don't know.

Right, looks like I have had a power cut overnight, which knocked out the wireless thermostat.

The central heating is now fine, but the alarm is still out of action.

How can I get the alarm system back on line ?????

Thanks

harveym000

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
9999 means it is now defaulted to final exit and will not set until the door has been closed on the way out. Then it will go to a 7 second settle time and set.

The system has been "spiked" and needs a competent person to check the programing.
Although almost totally bullet proof they can sometimes have enough!

IGNOREthe down power and battery change comment above the basic programming has been altered.
It is at factory defaults and if circuits were fitted as the defaults it will still probably work fine if activated.
But it is better to have it checked out.

Hi alarm, you're totally right. I'm back at home now after being away for a while and yes, closing the door does activate the alarm now.

Thankyou so much, I thought I would had to get an engineer in.

I guess its weird that the power cut meant that it reverted back to that Last Exit setting but all seems fine.

Thanks again,

harveym

I thought I would had to get an engineer in.

I guess its weird that the power cut meant that it reverted back to that Last Exit setting but all seems fine.
I would still get someone to check it. I don't know this panel but who knows what state the programmings in.

I wouldn't leave it like that.

AS DJ reiterates what I said, who knows what state your system is now sitting in.
If and only if the installer used the default settings ( and if one did not they are a fool anyway) you should be lucky, however any part sets will be destroyed.

I suggest you get it looked at or do a comprehensive walk test, not just checking one device. Although as you have mentioned the circuits activate and come back as "Healthy" . Make sure it does exactly what it was programed to do.

Generally these are bullet proof akin to a Scantronic 9100. And should outlive the owner :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back