Staring to be made illegal

Sponsored Links
You clearly haven't followed the links off the page. Where does it say a law has been passed?

Odd area really as some women may appreciate a wolf whistle or a horn toot etc but they will not appreciate being pestered. LOL I wondered about horn toots not long after I married and went shopping with my wife. She doesn't dress as you might think she does or go to any extent to exploit her figure in that way.

:ROFLMAO: You voted for them. Not that it matters. Politics makes noises about anything resulting from pressure groups that gets any attention and always will.

Any law like that runs the risk of falling foul of the Disabilities Discrimination Act or possibly the Autism Act - having worked with autistic adults I can tell you that it isn't unknown for them to gawp or stare at people. Just a trait.

Sponsored Links
You clearly haven't followed the links off the page. Where does it say a law has been passed?

Odd area really as some women may appreciate a wolf whistle or a horn toot etc but they will not appreciate being pestered. LOL I wondered about horn toots not long after I married and went shopping with my wife. She doesn't dress as you might think she does or go to any extent to exploit her figure in that way.

:ROFLMAO: You voted for them. Not that it matters. Politics makes noises about anything resulting from pressure groups that gets any attention and always will.
I didn’t say it had been passed. I said how did we get to this position. I also said I was off to find some facts to see if it was media spin or not.

Any law like that runs the risk of falling foul of the Disabilities Discrimination Act or possibly the Autism Act - having worked with autistic adults I can tell you that it isn't unknown for them to gawp or stare at people. Just a trait.
With respect, that's not what this is about. People on the spectrum might stare, but they don't leer and make people feel uncomfortable. In a wider context- this is 2023: anyone who thinks, "Get yer tits out luv!" is harmless banter is a dick.

I said how did we get to this position.
I think the point I made about politics are significant. Actions and words differer and in this case anyway who said what? The main concern is violence against women. Various factors can lead to it so bring them on. How much effect they actually have is another matter. This violence is now seen as a world wide problem. 1 in 3 experience it, probably way more in some countries than here. The 1 in 3 was reported today but in real terms how can anyone know real numbers.

A side effect that can crop up. My wife was visiting a place with a school she used to teach in. There had been changes and kids were out playing. She took a photo for her album. A passer by accused her of being a paedophile. Much mention of those in the news at the time,

I don't dispute that there are unpleasant people who intimidate women (or men even), but we have to have laws that do not criminalise innocent or mild behaviour.

"he stared at me, arrest him" would be nonsense. We already have Sec 5 Public order act which can be used to stop people from pestering others. But to extend it to someone looking at you. The police have proved time and again that they cannot exercise discretion with vague or wide reaching laws. Remember the shopping inspectors during lockdown?

I don't know how I lived through my 5x pints of Lager & "cum on yu fukkerz" phase in my early 20's, but I did.

Probably 'cos I have a massive frame & a cold icy stare. But then again it was probably 'cos I ain't stoopid & thought David really could defeat Goliath.

If we can no longer lock eyes & stare the b'@sTaRd's out then what else is left?

Sponsored Links
Back