Steam Stripping Danger - DISASTER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, for any of you still reading this, I would like to warn you on a dangerous side of wall stripping that i had the misfortune of experiencing first hand.

Whilst I was on a ladder holding the part where the steam comes out of, I had placed the tank on the floor, out of the way. Suddenly the tank falls on its side from its upright position.

Following the manufacturers instructions i made my way down the ladder to switch it off at t he mains, but as i was coming down, the part where the stam comes out of ( which i was still holding) starts pouring WATER down at me in a tap-like cascading fashion.

The water had obviously traveled UP the pipe and it got me all over my face and neck. needless to say i was rushed to hospital, and now im still recovering, hopefully it won't leave a permanent scar.

i wanted to warn you guys so that if it happens to you, throw on the floor immediately the steamer away from your body. the water is always 100 degrees and believe me, it hurt. best of luck.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back