steam to hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my question: The house runs on steam heating. When an addition was made to the house the plumber installed what seems to be a steam to hot water converter which sends hot water to the radiators in the new addition. The radiators weren’t getting hot. I discovered that the steam valve on top of this tank was cracked. I replaced them as well as the air valves on the hot water radiators however the pipes aren’t getting hot. It then dawned upon me that perhaps there is too much water in the tank so I let some out but its not getting how. My question is #1 what should I do and #2 should empty the tank completely? I have attached photos of what I am talking about

//media.diynot.com/182000_181760_41818_52757396_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/182000_181760_41817_18924073_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is a UK based site and we don't have a lot of experience with steam over here. You're best to look for a US based site.

Sponsored Links
Imagine all the new regs and red tape if we stared using a 5millionKw steam boiler for a row of 2 up 2 down. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back