steel base for conservatories and other questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I was just looking around the internet and looking at the cheapest and easiest
ways of building a conservatory and i come across these steel bases for the conservatory,and modula walls.
What i was wondering is if these are any good and if anybody has used them before.
Also once you've got the base sorted is the constructing of the conservatory straight forward? how long do you reckon it would take to people with a fair bit of diy skill to do?

Sponsored Links
i dug proper strip foundations and dwarf walls so the floor was well insulated . wickes did the steel bases when i built mine didnt like look of them cant see how u can use a steel base without the use of concrete somewhere . i dug my footings in a september and was in conservatory by april with christmas break . if u go for a plastic conservatory its a doodle easy.

Sponsored Links
suffolklad said:
i dug proper strip foundations and dwarf walls so the floor was well insulated . wickes did the steel bases when i built mine didnt like look of them cant see how u can use a steel base without the use of concrete somewhere . i dug my footings in a september and was in conservatory by april with christmas break . if u go for a plastic conservatory its a doodle easy.

Cool,you have to use concrete pads where the feet of the base sit on but thats it

surely you have to anchor the base down some how otherwise a gale could pick up your conservatory as there is no weight in them . you better soon decide as i think its this year sometime they will come under building control then the council wont let u use a stell base they will want foundations as deep as the house

suffolklad said:
surely you have to anchor the base down some how otherwise a gale could pick up your conservatory as there is no weight in them . you better soon decide as i think its this year sometime they will come under building control then the council wont let u use a stell base they will want foundations as deep as the house

You anchor the base to the house :)

shrimp said:
Hi there,
ways of building a conservatory and i come across these steel bases for the conservatory,and modula walls.
What i was wondering is if these are any good and if anybody has used them before.
Also once you've got the base sorted is the constructing of the conservatory straight forward? how long do you reckon it would take to people with a fair bit of diy skill to do?

Hi Shrimp

Do you know of any LINKS to the products? so that I might browse...

Looks like an interesting system........ :)

Ray

rayal said:
shrimp said:
Hi there,

Hi Shrimp

Do you know of any LINKS to the products? so that I might browse...

Looks like an interesting system........ :)

Ray

here you go ray heres one sitehttp://www.ezebuilder.co.uk/page3.html also try durabase.co.uk i think dazz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back