Steel chop saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a chop saw / cut off saw for cutting steel.

I notice that most of them are supplied with an abrasive blade which is ok, but we have one at work which has a TCT blade in it, which gives a far superior cut.

Can any chop saw take a TCT blade as a direct replacement for the abrasive one, or do I need to look out for one which can specifically take a TCT blade?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
I've seen a few of these multi purpose saws, but have been a bit unsure as to how good they will really be.

Do you rate it for cutting unistrut? That will probably the main use for mine.

They just somehow don't look as macho as a proper cut off saw :LOL:

yes its very good.

its a nice cold cut, with little burr

would recomend it, only down size is its a little on the big size, but i had it for a all round saw.

Paul

Sponsored Links
What sort of money did you pay for it? I presume they do a 110V version?

They have come down in price a fair bit now, the evolution ones can be got for about £150 now. *not the diy sliding mitre sort.

They are good, just watch how you start the cut, the blades are pretty robust, but do chip the teeth if you just force it down through.

And if you do site work, 99% of times you wont need hot works as if you were using the abrasive sort.

Well I bought one of the evolution chop saws today. I got the small one, but it's a sliding saw so still has a good cutting capacity.

It doesn't strike me as the best quality saw ever made, but it seems to do a good job of cutting strut, and it cost less than a ton, so I've certainly got no complaints.

Thanks chaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back