Steel or acrylic bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Is there much difference between a steel or acrylic bath? Looking to do out bathroom but not sure if one is better than the other.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Steel is Steel, and acrylic is not.

Steel has an enamelled finish, easy to clean etc, but, do not drop anything in it, because once chipped, the coating is finite, history, the end.

Acrylic will groan and flex, but maybe easier to fix tight to the walls as they tend to have a wooden frame to screw wall brackets to. Surface requires very careful cleaning, NO Jif/Cif etc

As it happens I use 8vostik 'st1cks like sh11te' in a tube to fix both types back to wall, orack hard n 30 mins, while I get on with another task.

HTH

DH

Steel baths on average will not move if fitted by diyer .Acrylic needs to be fitted properly using battens on the wall and making sure it is supported fully and all legs are sat on some timber

In my opinion steel is alot more forgiving and usually the leaking bathrooms are due to poor installation of Acrylic baths

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back