Steel pipe bending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , can you help ? i have got to put a 130mm set into a piece of 1" bsp black pipe , i have the use of a hydraulic bender but cant remember how to mark out for the set . I was proposing to put 45 degree bend in first bit and then hope to measure the 130 from there but i would like to have a guiding light . is there any info on the web i can access or any advice apprieciated . cheers howy

Sponsored Links
What type of hydraulic bender is it? There's dozens.
It's a 183mm hypotenuse so if its a centerline ram push then I'd probably go with 190mm.

Thanks nor con , yes it's a centre ram push , so I would measure 190 using the lines on the centres to give 130 , cheers howy just out of curiosity how do you work that out ?

Sponsored Links
You could always download & use the iBend App. on your iPhone mate.
It's great & dead quick.

Draw your set out on the floor with 45 degrees bends do your first bend lay it on the drawn set mark out the second bend by marking where the pipe crosses the line drawn on the floor and you should be ok best of luck

Just to say thanks to all you posters who replied to this question , i followed Norcons advice as he posted before most of you others and it was spot on as i guess you would all expect , but i have gathhered all the info from you other guys for future reference thanks .
Just as a side note the bender i used was a " STAFFA" do you know if you can still get these ? cheers howy

Ah Fingal's Cave!!

I'd think the Staffa has just a standard radius former as most hydrolic benders??

Ah Fingal's Cave!!

I'd think the Staffa has just a standard radius former as most hydrolic benders??

been at the scotch again puller :rolleyes:

Ah Kevbum most refreshing to hear from you again, I see Uncle Sam has deported you & you are now living in a gypo caravan in Harlipool!!
I hope this finds you well & give my regards to your wife/sister.

It's great to have the old crew back, you & Dr Drivel. It'll be such a good summer!!

go away yer scotch ass :rolleyes:

LOL.....You're such a product of the quality Engerlish education system??!!
I may drink a lot of Islay Malt, but I've not turned into it, yet....!!!

Oh & thanks for the signed photo mate, the wife put it up on the fridge, so it's keeping the kits from raiding it at night, man, you are one ugly bloke!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back