Step in need of repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm a bit stuck. The photos show the back door in the kitchen. I'm wanting to improve the ugly step. There is an amount of water damage which has accrued over the years I think. The step appears to be painted in brick paint. Underneath, it looks like it is mostly made of brick. What can I do to make this look decent again? If I take it back to brick, what do I do about the damage on the right hand side?

The issue of water ingress has been resolved by stripping and resealing the door frame so at least whatever repairs I do should remain dry.

Sponsored Links
The step is a single piece of sandstone!

You can get repair kits or have the step resurfaced.

Thanks Alastair.

It's hard to see in the pictures, as it is painted over, but the step is made of brick. Maybe that end piece on the right is sandstone? If I get all the paint and nasty bits back to a brick/sandstone surface, what could I use to resurface with?

Sponsored Links
Give it a coat of sbr and coat of 4-1 mortar with red cement dye.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back