Stepped crack on garden wall from neighbours trees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered that my garden wall (6ft)has been lifted and pushed slightly sideways by my neighbours trees/roots. The damage is to one panel between butresses. One tree is hard against the wall the other is acting as anchor while the other leavers the wall as the tree moves in the wind. The wall is indanger of falling down this winter if we have a sever westerly. Both trees are about 7" dia and 25 ft high.

After a weekend reading various sites I conclude that I must Formally Notify my neighbour asap while the evidence of lift and shift is visible, I will also prop the wall to prevent further lean. I am in a conservation area so I dont expect a quick resolution from any council involvement.

I am a retired engineer with experience of construction/house building and am currently concluding repairs to the wall where another of my neighbours trees destabilised the wall.

I am concentrating on damage limitation to my property and bank balance. If anywone would like to contribute their experience is a similar situation I would be pleased to have their contribution (Scottish law)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back