Tree growing from under house...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Difficult to advise without seeing this obviously, but a bit of general advise would be appreciated.

Basically, there is a tree growing from under the party wall of my terraced house, just to the neighbours side.

Its one of those "weed" trees, I think they are called a Japanese something or other.

Its a fairish height, probably about 8 or 9 foot (just below the upstairs windows).

Do these trees post any real risk to my foundations? I have asked the neighbour to sort it out (a couple of times) but they now say they are going to sort it out. However, I am worried in case cutting it down does more bad than good.

I have noticed a little bit of brick movement about 7 foot away from this, closer to the other side of the house (gable end).

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I dont think so actually....had a quick look and doesnt look like it.

I think I was thinking about Japanese knotweed, but its not that either.

The "Japanese" bit could be a complete red herring!!!

Sponsored Links
Reach over the fence and spray it with some systemic weedkiller every time they go out.

I think I was thinking about Japanese knotweed,
pt_janet_leigh_ent-lead__200x259.jpg

horrified_look.jpg

housemates-0339-horrified.jpg

horrified.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back