Stepped Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

I'm looking at putting an extension on my kitchen, which will take the form of a lean to. The back of the house is broadly L-shaped and the extension will make the L into a square.

I have sorted the ridge/pitching plate detail, but I'm a bit confused over the stepped abutment detail to the pitch. Intention is to have a lead soaker and flashing arrangement, and having done some searches of the forums keep seeing mention of cavity trays.

My walls are solid, so I obviously can't install them? Is this an issue?

Grateful for thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Building Control? Idiots? Hmm.

Thanks for the note and the links to guides. I've no way of installing a cavity tray but we'll see what BC say!

I'm planning on using the Monier Cambrian slate on a roof pitch of 16 degrees. Anyone know what the recommended method of forming the stepped abutment is?

Is it a flashing, flashing with soakers, single step with cover or single step with secret gutter?

If a secret gutter, how deep are these? The width is on the calder guide, but no depth.

Sponsored Links
Your best (and easiest) bet at the side abutment with Cambrian's would be to use a Klober GRP secret gutter that goes the same depth of the batten with a cover flashing over, If you look at the Redland Manual (downloadable) it will show you exactly how it goes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back