Stepping footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been digging my footings the last two days. Currently at one end they are 1.5meters deep...1.9 meters from floor height. The layer of ballet goes up our slight hill and have been told I can step them so will prob do 2 to 3 steps.

It's a strip foundation 225 high so was going to overlap by 500 and step 225. Question is regarding shuttering for the step. Does the board go from the top to the bottom of the trench or only part way down so concrete can go underneath? I presume it wouldn't flow like water from the upper level and spil out below..?

This pic has partial shuttering with a gap underneath.... I presume this is how it's done?
MpoBbKHGUkUoh2YL8
https://images.app.goo.gl/MpoBbKHGUkUoh2YL8

Sponsored Links
Shutter goes from top to top of the strip surface.

Be sure that you actually need to step the top, as it's better wherever possibe to keep the top of the strip at a single level.

Shutter goes from top to top of the strip surface.

Be sure that you actually need to step the top, as it's better wherever possibe to keep the top of the strip at a single level.
Thanks. I need to step top as previous layer has drain I need to go under.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back