Steps to dry lining a solid brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a site which gives (or can anyone explain) the exact steps to dry lining a solid brick Victorian interior wall? From what I gather: use steel galvinised studs, use K18 insulated plasterboard, fix studs to wall making sure the 8x4 sheets of K18 fit to the studs, fix K18 to them. It will be 50mm so what type and size of screw do I use? Do I leave a slight gap at the ground for air to flow (the wall has had damp probs b4). Does wall go up higher than ceiling or should ceiling come across and wall meets up to it? Ceiling not up yet so can do either way, but easier to do walls first.

Thanks

Actually since posting this done a bit of research - maybe someone could confirm - is it K17 Kooltherm or K18 I use??

Thx

Sponsored Links
This link may help
http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/uk/pdf/k18.pdf
I would use 65mm dry-wall screws and put the ceiling up first it will make life easier.
As you can lift the wall boards up tight to the ceiling, limiting gaps. This will also give a little support to the ceiling around the perimeter of the wall.
If you board the wall first, it will make it hard to get good tight and neat joints between ceiling and wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back