Steps to garage???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - bit of a strange question...
I have recently had an extension built and as such the garage behind it is for storage only now (the car never got in it anyway) - but I now have a 1 metre path at the side of the house and the as the extension is level - the garage is now 4ft higher than the pathway.
Now - I need to make/buy steps to get to the garage (4ft up approx) BUT without blocking the path too much.
I have come up with a crafty plan of stowing the steps in the garage and when the garage is open - pull them down but would like them to be attached to the garage floor so that I can just slide/push them back up again - any ideas if there are such steps or would I have to make them myself?
The child in me has even toyed with somehow attaching them to a cord and letting them come down whilst the garage door opens (the door is motorised) and this would look pretty cool.... :cool:
Any feedback/ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can make them yourself by buying a couple of step stringers and some decking from Wickes or B&Q.

I'm still trying to get my head around how the garage door has ended up 4' above where it used to be when it was available to drive a car in :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back