Hanging Punchbag in Concrete Sectional Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like to hang a punchbag in my garage. The garage I have is one like this
Concrete-garage-lidget-apex.jpg

- all the tips on the internet I think are more aimed at the stronger looking brick built ones or ones that are part of the house because they talk about wooden joists accross the roof which my garage doesn't have. It does have some metal bars going accross the roof but when I tried hanging it off one of them everytime I hit it everything rattled including the garage door so I took it down.

Is there any way I could hang it so everytime I hit it it doesn't feel like the garage is going to fall down?

Cheers,
Dan

Sponsored Links
You could fit a wall mounted bracket and bolt thru wall or put up a 2x4 so it spans at least 4 of the metal roof supports and screw thru them to timber to spread the load when hanging.

Sponsored Links
It looks like you will struggle for height based on that image, once the bracket and chains are taken into account.

You will also benefit from a heavy duty bag spring to reduce the stress to the structure. That will add another 4-5 inches drop.

It looks like you will struggle for height based on that image, once the bracket and chains are taken into account.

You will also benefit from a heavy duty bag spring to reduce the stress to the structure. That will add another 4-5 inches drop.
He might be a dwarf? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back