Hanging a punchbag on house wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know there is plenty of info about hanging punchbags online, but I would like to hang one on a wall in my garage which is under (i.e. part of) my house. I assume the the wall is load bearing and as such want to be sure that I am not going to do any damage by hanging a punchbag.

The bag weighs approx 35kg (75lb).

I have the following bracket:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RDX-Boxing...0858975&sr=8-2&keywords=rdx+punch+bag+bracket

However, I don't have the fittings, is something like the following what I need? (if not, please recommend an alternative, are these ones long enough?):

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Sc...chors/sd2792/Fischer+Sleeve+Anchor+FSA/p65962

I assume that I want to drill into the actual brick rather than the mortar?

Because the garage is under the house, the damp course runs along the wall, about 3/4 of the way up. I am reasonably certain that all the fittings will be above this, but if I decide it could do with being lower, is it ok to go in underneath this?

Thanks for any info you are able to share.

Sponsored Links
The advert says it includes the wall fixings. Yes, drill into the bricks. You want to keep the fixings above the DPC, as you're not sure if there's tanking lower down, and you don;t want to break through that.

Thanks for the advice. I have been given the bracket and don't have the fittings. Do you think the ones linked to are what I'm after?

Thanks again.

I'd say they are over the top for a 35kg bag, but they'll do. You only really need a no 10 wall plug and a 60mm no 10 screw for that sort of weight.

Sponsored Links
Ensure they fit thru the bracket .
Are you just punching or kicking? In which case you may need to protect ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back