installing punchbag bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to install a punchbag in the garage, I think the weight of the bag is around 50kg.

Im just a bit concerned about whether the wall can take the weight( as the bag will be swaying quite a lot). the wall isnt plastered or covered in anyway, its just the bare bricks.

Now If I install the bracket http://www.gymworld.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=693
what sort of screws should I use (wallplugs) and where should I screw into the wall i.e brick, mortar. One thing i must mention is that the mortar is quite weak and crumbles easily when just rubbing it lightly. House is 1930s build. The wall is an external load bearing wall and is supporting the floor above(if this makes any difference lol)

Thank you very much

Sponsored Links
I would look at putting a timber frame up across your garage with a couple of 6" by 2" timber joists to put the weight directly on top of your garage walls rather than the weight pulling at one side of it, especially if the walls have any sign of weakness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back