Sterling Alarm Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a question on my alarm system and came across this forum so hoping someone can help.

I have a Sterling alarm system which is over 10 years old and have a service timeout message on screen so cannot use.

I did have instructions to override this so I can still use whilst I contact an engineer to update but have put in a “safe place” and cannot find.

I do have the engineers code is there anyone on here that has experience with these alarms that can provide instructions on how to clear the message.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
If you have the engineers code, then you should be able to find the relevant section in the manual, which should be available if you search online?

I’ve looked on line I can’t find anywhere not even on the manual. My search online led me to here so wondered if anybody knows about these systems. I’m worried I can’t set it and it will invalidate my insurance if god forbid anything happens.

Sponsored Links
Yes I can view the manual but nowhere says (or at least I can’t make out) what the instructions are to re set I seem to remember i had to use the up/down arrows but can’t remember the procedure

If you are unable to reset with a user code then your would need the engineers code to reset the system.

I have just downloaded the sterling 10 manuals and searched within the download for reset and it highlighted several instances.
If you follow them and it still doesnt work post what you have tried and how the system responded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back