sterling st40 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler/Burner locks out intermittently. Always ignites when asked. However it will often lockout, sometimes several times a day and then maybe once or twice per week. Boiler was recently serviced. Fuel line from tank was blocked. Filter at tank was removed. New nozzle and pump oil filter. Burner ran for a few days before problem recurred, so it looked like it was sorted.

Any advice on possible causes would be appreciated before I get engineer back to look at the boiler/burner.

Sponsored Links
Filter at tank removed or filter at tank replaced? If you had a blockage you wouldn't be removing a filter would you?

Check capacitor, solenoid & photo cell as all 3 can give intermittent lock outs..
Better check pump pressure as filter has been removed....

Filter at tank removed or filter at tank replaced? If you had a blockage you wouldn't be removing a filter would you?

exactly what I thought but engineer said filter was probably never looked at since installation. It has never been looked at since I have owned house which is seven years. Only the boiler and burner has ever been serviced. Engineer said the pump filter would be sufficeient as tank filters are now rarely fitted. Had to take him at his word!

Sponsored Links
Oil line needs a filter, usually at tank end, mesh in pump is NOT enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back