'Stick on only' door contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have one of the door contact and shock detectors. They are large compared to texecom micro door contact. I want to fix it to bifolds but don't want to drill and screw.

Could I stick with silicone or is that not adviced?

Hope someone can advice?

Sponsored Links
Yes it can be done, and no you shouldn't do it.

there is a micro shock, but no micro shock and contact with the texecom range as it stands

there is a micro shock, but no micro shock and contact with the texecom range as it stands

So if you don't suggest silicone, will m3 adhesive tape be enough on its own? Can't screw in as worried about warrenty on our windows.

Sponsored Links
That's the whole point, you can stick them on but you shouldn't stick on sensors, whether its Velcro, tape or silicone.

That is your choice, you also need to look at the folding of the doors with the bulkier sensors.

Even the micro contacts and micro shocks can comfortably be stuck on with the adhesive strips supplied, but they should be fitted with the screws supplied.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back