Sticking on MDF skirting boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my skirtings, my d&d walls and my no-nails. Is it as easy as it says on the tin - beads on the boards and press on? I've always used screws and plugs in the past but would rather not as it's drylined and I've pre painted the boards - but I don't want a disaster!

IMG_20230113_085816290.jpg

Sponsored Links
Dot n' dab along the board at alternate high/low sequence and you're good to go. (y)
Maybe push a heavy object against the board as you move along to maintain grip while the gunk bonds.

Screw and plug will be easier to remove than no nails, and you can sink the screws and fill the gap. Pretty much everyone uses sealant nowadays but I would go for screws as easier to remove or replace.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I used sticks like **** and very good - much quicker and easier than screwing but as blup has said very difficult to change (atleast without damage). When my partner changed her mind and wanted a different skirting profile after fitting a few lengths, to pull it off the next day pulled away alot of the skim coat with it - so defintiely sticks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back