Sticking plasterboard to a catnic header

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks I am in the process of plasterboard the room.

I have dab and dotted the walls and the inside of the window reveal.

However I need the the header inside the window reveal. The window span is 2.4 m.

The window header is a standard insulated catnic with 100mm steel showing at the front of the window reveal, 100mm insulation then 50mm steel showing next the to window glass.

Hope this makes sense the question is

A what's the best way to fix this piece of plasterboard. Should I drill and screw through the catnic, dab and dot and support the plasterboard In place with a wooden plank and props of use a builder adhesive such as grip fill.

Cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links
Use the Search facility - the issue has been covered countless times, often with pics.

I've seen them fixed with gripfill, but as you said it will need support to hold in place.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Use the Search facility - the issue has been covered countless times, often with pics.

hi tried that could not find anything. if you know where about it is and put up the link that would be great

cheers

jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back