STIHL FSE41 - Line breaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought the above strimmer in the Spring, it seems fine and does what I need it to - however, recently the line feed had been going very wrong - it uses these which have two bits of line poking out either side, and a plastic casing around the rest - simple enough! The problem is that the line has cut short and gone inside the casing (and no amount of 'bumping' to extend it helps) and therefore nothing is outside of the plastic casing.

Is there a simple fix to this kind of thing? I am beginning to think I should have just bitten the bullet and got a petrol strimmer and annoyed the neighbours! [/url]

Sponsored Links
Not sure about that type, but the larger one can be stripped down and the line re-feed through the eye. If you can take the cover off, just unravel the mess inside and rewind on the spool.

Sadly, they're moulded plastic - even the band around the middle isn't meant to be tampered with.

What I have been doing is pulling at the middle band in order to jiggle the ends out again, it's not quick or easy, and it's not a fix that lasts (both ends will soon disappear again) - hey ho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back