stihl saw TS400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
ive broken my ts400 :( , and ive got the bits to hopefully fix it, it requires a new piston & rings and i was wondering if anyone has done it before, ive took it all to bits and gave it all a good clean out, do i need to lube anything up before assembling it all back together, any problems i might come across, ect ect, thanx

Sponsored Links
You don't want any sort of lube on the piston or cylinder mate. This is only what I can tell you from working on bigger engines mind. How many rings has it got, a scraper too? These need to compress so you can slide the piston into the cylinder. Again you may be able to do this without the need of a piston ring compressor.

its got 2 rings and i managed to get them on and squeeze it into the cylinder, so no lube anywhere then, also there's an arrow on top of the piston, does this mean anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back