Stihl ts400 trigger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have today changed the piston rings on my Stihl Ts 400 whizzer and more or less put back together. I am stuck on the metal clip what goes from the saw to the trigger, I have a idea how to do it put cannot get it to attach to the saw. I cannot find any videos or good instructions. Does anyone know where I could find help on this possible a video ?

Sponsored Links
I guess you are talking about the throttle rod?
The less complicated end fits into the carburettor, and the other end (a bit 'D' shaped) clips into the throttle lever.
The throttle lever has a slot in it that the rod pushes in to, but it can't pop out again without leverage.
Sorry to be so vague....maybe there is a vid out there somewhere.
John :)
P.S. Typical.....I have a TS350 and a TS410 in for repair just now, but no TS400! :rolleyes:

Thanks for reply I understand where they go but cant quite figure out how quite to do it.

Sponsored Links
I'll apologise for the anal reply in advance mate, but with Stihl stuff if you feel you need to bend it, then its incorrectly fitted.....
You may find the elongated slot on the trigger a wee bit stubborn in this cold weather to accept the throttle rod.
Can you post a pic or 20?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back