Stihl ts350 disc cutter. No fuel pressure. Carburetor is clean. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an old ts 350 and trying to make it work on behalf of friend.

Main issue is that carburetor is not building any pressure to push fuel into the carburetor.

I cleaned up carburetor and installed new kit but nothing has changed.

This goes beyond my knowledge at this stage.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Wow that’s an old one.....complete with a Tillotson carburettor! There are three air filters, none that work particularly well. Carb diaphragm kits are available.
Now then, the air filtering wasn’t as good as the later machines so compression is vital to get it running.
Pop the exhaust off and look down the exhaust port for piston scratches.
Anyhoo, the tank ventilator was a screw in a length of polythene pipe, make sure it’s not blocked up with dust.
Also, the choke mechanism wasn’t too reliable so see if that’s working ok.
A good saw in it’s day, Stihl christened it the Cutquik if I recall.
John

Wow that’s an old one.....complete with a Tillotson carburettor! There are three air filters, none that work particularly well. Carb diaphragm kits are available.
Now then, the air filtering wasn’t as good as the later machines so compression is vital to get it running.
Pop the exhaust off and look down the exhaust port for piston scratches.
Anyhoo, the tank ventilator was a screw in a length of polythene pipe, make sure it’s not blocked up with dust.
Also, the choke mechanism wasn’t too reliable so see if that’s working ok.
A good saw in it’s day, Stihl christened it the Cutquik if I recall.
John

John, I spent a bit more time on Sunday. Took it apart once again. Fuel filter clean. tank vent clean. no dust. Compression test over 125psi. carburettor cleaned up with new carburettor kit. all gasket diaphragm replaced. Still not building up any pressure on the fuel tank and no fuel getting through. Removed the spark plug and cranked several time at full throttle. no fuel

What else can be done?

If you are absolutely certain the carburettor is good (replacements are £31.80 from GHS) then you need to ascertain that the fuel line into the tank from the carb is still connected, with a filter on the end and the choke flap is connecting to the sliding choke lever on the machine body.
Don't expect fuel pressure to build on this machine, the tank breather sees to that!
Try some raw fuel down the plug hole.
From dry, expect about 10 pulls for the machine to come to life.
Another check - make sure the flywheel has no up and down movement, indicating main bearing wear. This is to ensure air isn't being ingested through the seals into the crank case.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I should add.....both H and L screws should be around one full turn out from fully in, to kick things off.
John :)

Back