Still a newbie!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all..

We're getting on (rephrase that - trades are getting on) with the works for our recent house purchase but I would like some advice about one particular project:

Rear porch. Not sure who built it but it's been there for years - it's wooden porch with the UPVC door. The wooden porch inside is still showing wooden framework. No clue about this but I imagine this should be 'finished off' and the framework boxed in with plasterboard?? If so, does anything need to be put in between the wood frame and the plasterboard? I'm wondering whether this is something we can do or again, we'll need to get someone in to do it. (Neither myself or the husband have done any DIY before.)

Also what's a recommended make for sealing the bath to the wall tiles - I presume I'll need to take off the old sealant around the bath first?

Sponsored Links
1) show us a picture

2) Good quality bathroom silicone. And yes, with a stanley knife blade in your fingers, or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back