Still confused with wiring up a vaillant eco-tec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is what i have done so far.

Took the live ,neutral and earth from 3 amp fused spur.

screwed them into terminal into boiler {l/n/E}

Took the old cable from the wiring center from live and screw into terminal 3 {removed link between 3 and 4}

The other lead from wiring center which connected to the orange cable from 3 port valve into terminal 4 on boiler

The programmer is not operating the boiler

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
there shouldn't be a connection on 3

L is permanent live
4 is switched live bring supply from orange on valve to here

Thanks kevin

So does the other wire go into the boiler terminal with the live from 3 amp spur,

do i leave the link wire into 3 and 4 or still remove it . cheers

I disagree, the live feed to the controls should come from 3 or the on/off switch on the boiler will be backfed.

The orange wire alone from the three port is not enough, I assume there were some other cables bunched with this cable?

You need to consult the Honeywell diagram, if the boiler works with the link in place you have messed up the controls wiring you have added, its as simple as that.

If you cannot follow the diagram, you are not competent to be carrying out mains electrical work and could put someones life at risk (unwittingly).

Sponsored Links
wiring in the centre has not been changed, old system boiler was removed and eco-tec boiler was replaced .

There was 5 wires

3 wires from 3 amp spur

2 wires from wiring centre

3 core flex from spur:
L N E.

4/5 core flex from wiring centre:
Term 3 - Live TO wiring centre
Term 4 - Switchline FROM wiring centre.

Heat only vaillants also need pump overrun.

Yes, of course......

If you only knew how many times even experienced heating installers have told me nothing was changed.

I go out to site, and 10 mins later I find otherwise.

If it worked before, it will work now.

If it wasn't a Vaillant coming out, then why would you have two cables apart from LNE? What boiler exactly have you replaced?

I take it you have a multimeter and some electrical knowledge? :evil:

Sorry just seen your reply. You need to remove the wiring centre cover, spur etc and draw out how it has been wired.
There must be two cables in the load side of the spur, one going to the wiring centre the other to the boiler?

never used 5 wires yet!! and we fit Vaillant boilers regularly

as i stated before terminal 4 is switched live

this is exactly as printed in Vaillants installation manual

section 4.4.6 and diagram 4.11 on page 25

Terminal 3 from boiler is going into live in wiring centre where live from 3 amp spur also is.

terminal 4 is from orange wire 3 way valve

L N E SL PUMP?
we got a letter from vaillant telling us to always use term 3 so switch on front of boiler isolates controls too.

we got a letter from vaillant telling us to always use term 3 so switch on front of boiler isolates controls too.

if you do this then you need to make sure there is no connection to wiring center from fused spur, other than via the boiler, i can see the logic behind this but it isn't the way I would wire it up

Yeh I suppose, 90% of applications its easier to do it Vaillants way, because the spur is beside the boiler. But it both works I suppose!
Wheres lightening I wonder how he's getting on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back