stilts

i have done a 30m2 ceilin on my own with just a labrador off of a ali tower on wheels and wassnt pushed for time although it was a nice square room no alcoves and such
have you got your own ali tower that you can take with you to your own jobs? i also think it would be a bit impractical also if you can do 30m2 on a tower you should be able to do a lot more on stilts i wouldent let your friends mishap put you off :)

Sponsored Links
the reason i dnt like them is because i saw a plasterer a very good friend of mine plastering with me on stilts and i used a hop up he just lost his balance just from turning around a bit to quickly fell couldnt correct himself cut his wrists rarther seriously and his face accross his eye with his trowel he lost alot of blood an was rushed to hospital and recieved alot of stitches needless to say he has permantly ruined his face so i will stick with my way at least i feel safe that way, also i have done a 30m2 ceilin on my own with just a labrador off of a ali tower on wheels and wassnt pushed for time although it was a nice square room no alcoves and such

You've got to go with what suits you best, and what you feel comfortable with - although if you had said this bit at the start I'd have had a better idea where you were coming from, rather than saying that 'most' sites had banned them.

It's terrible to hear stories like that, and similar could happen to anyone either at doing a little job at home, or at work .

I hope he is okay now - remember people, get some insurance, please.

Stilts just don't suit everyone, and then you have some like my dad who (without any practice) jumped up on them for the first time and threw on 35m . He was 50 at the time. IF you can use them they are very productive. Like everyting, you try stuff out and find your own way

One last comment with stilts you'd do the 30m ceiling with no labrador required!!!:cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back