stilts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after long deliberation and much ummm-ing and ahhh-ing i have finally sucomed to the fact that mabey i need a pair of stilts, even though if any of you remember i posted on a subject a few months ago slateing them haha.
anyway now i have decied tob uy a pair of stilts and was wondering whats the best pair to get if anyone has any recomendations please let me know.
thanks
JRP

Sponsored Links
after long deliberation and much ummm-ing and ahhh-ing i have finally sucomed to the fact that mabey i need a pair of stilts, even though if any of you remember i posted on a subject a few months ago slateing them haha.
anyway now i have decied tob uy a pair of stilts and was wondering whats the best pair to get if anyone has any recomendations please let me know.
thanks
JRP

Look on ebay for a durastilt copy - about 80 quid I paid for last set two years ago

ive got a pair of mashaltown 2s for sale used 2 times they make my legs ache prefer the old style anyone want em can have em for £150 can deliver for petrol money if not far away pm me if interested

Sponsored Links
cheers guys in the end i went for the marshalltown 1s and they wernt to expensive i got them in a sale at buttles for about 160 so im pleased with that thanks though guys
JRP

Nige F";p="1732853 said:
Look on ebay for a durastilt copy - about 80 quid I paid for last set two years ago
I`ll second that ;) My boy`s well pleased with his - used my eBay account to get them
watch out when u buy a pair on e bay, i was bidding on a pair of so called marshalltown 1s in the photo only one stilt had the mt sticker on but he asured me they were mt, i won them for about £90+ £10 delivery when they arrived i checked them over to find a sur end cap on the stilts and sur serial numbers they were being passed off as marshalltown, i had to get paypal involved i gave them a choice a full refund or half refund and i keep the stilts and they went with the later, claiming they new nothing about it and blamed the person that sold the stilts to them, the stilts were in good nick hardly used so i ended up paying only £50 for them and i reckon there lots better than the mt2s as the old style you can adjust more to fit your legs and the mt2s have only ajustment up and down and that spring on them looks more like it should be on a mountain bike, and you have got to have it on springy as it feels like you are walking through treacle ive set the cheaper pair up just as i like em and are lots more easy on the leg than the mt2s also the mt2s have a different walking style altogether i just thought i would post this in case any of you are thinking of getting a pair

edit i must admit i use ebay all the time and have only been disapointed or misled twice

i must admit steve i did look at the mt2s for quite a while but always found myself favouring the 1s there was just summit about the 2s that i cuddnt get to grips with, by the was has anyone seen or used the clarke stilts they hae exactly the same set up as the mt1s but are just painted black (which i know its not a fasion show but they look nice) and are only about 110 quid brand spanking new.
Any thoughts?
JRP

i must admit steve i did look at the mt2s for quite a while but always found myself favouring the 1s there was just summit about the 2s that i cuddnt get to grips with, by the was has anyone seen or used the clarke stilts they hae exactly the same set up as the mt1s but are just painted black (which i know its not a fasion show but they look nice) and are only about 110 quid brand spanking new.
Any thoughts?
JRP
well ive just googled them they wont be much different to the others tbh, you see what happened was dura stilts had the patent on that design and patents only last for so long, after it runs out then anyone can jump on board thats why you have mt, faifull, draper, clarke, ulka, sur, ect, thats what ive been told by a shop that sell them anyway, and also that they are made in the same factory as well lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back