lots of questions :( PIC UPDATE 20/11

Why do you leave your battens hanging out every where? Just must be more work once its tiled and if the verge has been bed with sand/cement on an undercloak?

Sponsored Links
Provided it doesn't leak in the valley, abutments and around the windows....I'd say jobs a good'un :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
cheers guys, like i say i am only a diy'er but lots of research on the web and my mate is very handy. it might not be perfect but i am happy with it so far, and it has cost me a lot less than i would of paid a proffesional. we found all sorts of obsticles aswell, how about a tin roof with 4 inches of concrete laid ontop of it ? i doubt the quotes i had would of stayed anywhere near once it got started :)

it came to a standstill so isnt that much different atm, but i keep doing bits now and then lol just been putting flash band on (lead on aswell later) what a bitch that is to do with the tiles having a deep profile :( i have found the easiest (but slowest) way is to do it in 12" pieces. first i warm them up over the cooker then once i have them in place and stuck down i heat it with a hairdryer and use an edging wallpaper plastic roller on it. slow but works well lol

lots of rubbish to get rid of, did anybody notice 3 chimmeys have now become 1 ;) not needed so cheaper to get rid than lead round them. also the tall one rocked when you pushed it ! we took it down by hand... didnt even need a hammer !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back