Stone/Clay Pipe to Plastic Repair ?

I

iDIY

Hi Guys,

As Im preparing my site for a new extension I have removed an old prefab garage to reveal a retaining wall that has been built onto a stone glazed sewer pipe, resulting in the inevitable damage.

Obviously I am sorting this in the preparation of the site stage so as you can see in the picture, I have exposed the pipe, cut away the retaining wall and foundation and installed a lintel.

The next stage is to replace the broken pipe in a way that when I actually get to building control, it will be acceptable to the BCO.. The damaged pipe is about 188-190mm outside diameter with roughly 18mm thick walls making it about 150-152mm inside diameter.

Do I go for 200mm OD plastic pipe and straight flex seal couplings or 160mm OD plastic pipe with stepped flex seal couplings. Im assuming 160mm OD which has 152mm ID which is the same as the original pipe and results in no internal step?

2018-01-27 17.12.19.jpg

Sponsored Links
All pipes are sized by their internal bore and should be repaired with pipe bore of the same size.

Yours sounds like old 6" stuff so you will need to graft in a piece of 150mm plastic using a pair of rubber repair couplers.

Should I be using the smooth sided plastic pipe or the ribbed stuff?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, all sorted now, 2 x flex seals and a 3m length of 160mm plastic. Contrary to some reports on youtube etc that said it would cause more cracks, I managed to cut the old pipe off clean with 110mm diamond tipped disc in my angle grinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back