Stone faced Retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All
1st post of many and I stumbled across this forum (thanksfully)

I have layed a footing over 800mm wide and 300mm deep with 8mm mesh thoughout.
Its 40m long and part of it will be a retainign wall witht he rest a single block wall up to max 2m height.
Once the wall is built, the rest of the footing is to allow for facing with large limetone stones that will be tied into the block wall. Tnhe total width when complete will be 700-800mm

What I need to retain is a mix of stone and soil 1.2m high and gradually sloping down to 400mm over a distance of 12m
My thinking is to place 7n 140mm blocks on flat up to 1.2m high then on edge above this to 2m high which will be the total wall height.
From 12m (end of retaining section) on to the end of the 40m wall that is not retaining, is on edge ok until faced with stone? Hoe many piers will I need if any?

and..
Is the block on flat suffice for 1.2m x 12m and will it need piers or can I rotate one block every 4m?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back