Stone Mosaic Tiles & Evo-Stik Epoxy Staywhite grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Help needed desperately.

As a complete novice you learn by your mistakes and this is one I will definatley learn from. I have recently laid a stone mosaic ( like pebbles) bathroom floor and we wanted a white grout to show them off. We were advised to use the Evo (as I think it was the only one in the store).

To cut a long story short, started grouting last night and because of the uneven surface of the tiles as well getting the grout down is a pain but the difficult part has been getting the excess grout of the top of the tile quickly. I understand now the properties and quirks of epoxy grout but I need help on any product/sponge/applicators which WILL make a difference and wont fall apart (sponges) when removing the excess grout.

If anyone has any help/tips etc on making this long job a little easier me, the wife and the inlaws would certainly appreciate it.

Keith

Sponsored Links
keitho said:
I need help on any product/sponge/applicators which WILL make a difference and wont fall apart (sponges) when removing the excess grout.

You can get heavy duty sponge which won't come apart,I normally use a old rags or towel etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back