Stone slate batten gauge help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some help, a roofer has provided me with the batten gauge after I supplied details of my roof.

I've managed fine up to the point where there's more than one course and then my brain has given up.

Can someone please tell me what measurement from the eaves up to each batten where there's multiples, or just tell me how the heck to work it out please.

I've tried measuring down from the next batten up and up from the next batten down and neither seems to look right, I've even offered up slates on the roof in an attempt to figure it out!

Thanks,

Simon

upload_2021-11-6_17-4-51.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm after some help,
Surely the important thing to work out first is the regional exposure, the pitch of your roof and the recommended headlap.

If say the recommended headlap is 80mm, then you subtract this measurement from the length of the slate then divide the remaining amount of slate in 2. This is your gauge. The starter batten position is dictated by the (gutter) overhang past the fascia. The eaves batten sits just below the starter batten.

If it's slate then as above. If you are using something else then other system may apply . Post a picture of your product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back