Stop people sitting on a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a low outside wall which people keep sitting on.

Whats the easiest way to build up and add a triangular top to the wall to making a pointy edge, to make it uncomfortable to sit on? as per pic

I thought making a timber mould of the shape and making the required sections with concrete , and then when in place have it k-rendered to tidy it up (foam or similar to push into the middle of the setting concrete to make the blocks lighter?) Or is this making hard work of something that has a simple solution

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• wall.png
    wall.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 926
Sponsored Links
People might still perch on the edge of those

Sponsored Links
Maybe I should have said, it is a business, I don't think railings will look right, and even if they did - there are drunks and weirdos going up the road (the ones I want to not stop and sit) if someone tripped and impaled themselves, accidentally or deliberately, I'm sure they would sue, so rules that out! Already had to take the barbed wire down on a wall someone got caught on

triangular coping stones?
I did see them, would be something to consider if they were pointy enough and reasonable cost, but didn't seem to be anything suitable. You just have me an idea though, angle grinder cutting thermolite blocks to shape and render the lot?

is this to stop people "collecting"
or at perhaps a bus stop waiting for the bus ??

is this to stop people "collecting"
or at perhaps a bus stop waiting for the bus ??
No its not near a bus stop -
its a long road, most of the residential houses have no wall, or hedges, or high walls and getting to ours i guess some people just can't help but use it as a resting point.
There really are some weird people around (druggies drunks) - I just would like them to stop elsewhere as it doesn't help the business

people will lean on a wall that gives any support would have to be perhaps 32" plus without any change in angle to put them off

Plant dog roses (rosa canina) just inside the wall as they will grow over the top and for a nice barrier.
They are cheap off ebay, prickly, and have nice flowers.

Also consider planting gorse, which is also prickly.

They are both plants with virtually no maintenance needed too.

when I was a kid a householder near the bus stop topped his low wall with bits of broken paving to create a Toblerone type effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back