Stop Tap

3 Nov 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Stop tap inside house is seezed solid and i can't find the one outside.
I really need to turn off the water supply!
Any ideas??? :?:
Sponsored Links
It would be unusual not to have one. Do you have a meter?

Our stop tap was in the path adjacent to our property, not within the property boundary and was also hidden under a beech hedge. It took us almost an hour to find it, ask your neightbours where their's are, yours will be in a similar location.
Sponsored Links
Call your water provider - they have maps.
Try undoing the gland nut - around the shaft- of your SC. It might/should dribble slightly,, but may well help you turn the thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local