no water to stop tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a house and am renovating it, though I don't seem to have any water.
The stop tap is located in my kitchen and there doesnt seem any water from it.
I have contacted United Utils who visited and told me it was on a shared main with 3 other houses who have water. I have searched for an external stop tap and can't find one.
I replaced the stop tap and though there was water in the pipe, absolutely no pressure.

Has anyone any ideas what I could do?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you on a Water Meter and if so do you know where it is?, there will be a valve at the Meter, otherwise insist that your Water Company attends to investigate your loss of water

Are you on a Water Meter and if so do you know where it is?, there will be a valve at the Meter, otherwise insist that your Water Company attends to investigate your loss of water

No just a stop tap in the kitchen. I have had 2 United Utils engineers out and they say its a shared main with my neighbours and they have water so the problem is between the main and my stop tap, which is my responsibility.
So Im left scratching my head

Suspect there's another stoptap somewhere then (under the stairs possibly, or within a porch (under the floor?), and the one in the kitchen is a more accessable addition.

Check also within your front garden.

Sponsored Links
Suspect there's another stoptap somewhere then (under the stairs possibly, or within a porch (under the floor?), and the one in the kitchen is a more accessable addition.

Nothing under the stairs, theres no porch and the floor is solid. :confused:

Try under the plinths in the kitchen itself? Looked in all the kitchen cupboards? (maybe the previous owners moved the sink and added this stopcock) Got to be somewhere!

Whereabout in Manchester - could come and help you look if you want if you're close by (free of charge of course!)

Try under the plinths in the kitchen itself? Looked in all the kitchen cupboards? (maybe the previous owners moved the sink and added this stopcock) Got to be somewhere!

Whereabout in Manchester - could come and help you look if you want if you're close by (free of charge of course!)

I stripped the kitchen out completely, just left with a pipe out of the floor in the corner of the kitchen with a new stoptap on, the stop tap works because I took it off and still no water.

I live in Denton so may take you up on the offer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back