Stop taps & water meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbor has two stop taps. One is clearly the traditional stop tap and a second tap, part of what looks like a loop in series with the meter (along with a drain cock). This is attached to the mains pipe just above stop tap via what looks like a fat cylindrical junction.
Can someone explain the function of this tap and the consequences of adjusting it?

Thanks,

olly.

Sponsored Links
not right now but I have drawn a diagram if that helps....

twostop.JPG

without examining the thing (and thinking back) it looks like the big brass junction is some sort of quick release fitting...?

Olly,

Without seeing a picture, all I can think of is one stopcock stops the supply incase the watermeter needs changing and the other stops the supply after the meter so any internal work can be done.

Rico

Sponsored Links
You know I feel a bit silly now - wood for tree's and all that :oops: You are dead right though.

Thanks for your help must admit I think it was the funny brass fitting that threw me off (and the fact that I ain't no plumber :LOL: ).

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back