Stop the Yachts

How 'bout them Cowboys?

jerry-jones-yacht.jpg

Websites that cover the yachting industry report that [Jerry] Jones took delivery of a nearly 360-foot, Dutch-built yacht on December 20 somewhere in Scandinavia. It just so happens that the field at AT&T Stadium measures 360 feet in length. In other words, Jones’ new seagoing toy is, fittingly, as long as a football field.

The superyacht is said to be the first yacht constructed in accordance with LIFE (Lengthened, Innovative, Fuel-efficient, Eco-friendly) standards. Dutch shipyard Oceanco built the hybrid-powered vessel.

dallas.culturemap.com

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
$225M to buy.
Probably 50M a year to run
Fifty million bucks is chump change to a man who owns the richest sports franchise on the planet and is worth nearly 14 billion. If he fancies enchiladas for lunch he can just order the boat to pop down to Cancún and help himself to a spot of fishing for marlin later that night.
It's a different world.

But you don't have to buy one to enjoy the luxury lifestyle enjoyed by Jerry Jones; no!
All you need is 350,000 Euros and you can hire this beauty for a week to travel wherever your fancy takes you...

Trickle down theory of economics - so debunked so many times but it has a zombie life of its own and lives in the minds of right wingers.

It's like the broken window fallacy. These right wingers are thick as mince.

To those who do not know about the broken window fallacy, if you go round smashing windows it creates economic growth because someone has to be paid to fix it. You would think what an absurd proposition but right wingers are enthralled to this stupidity and then their crowning glory is their admiraion of Ayn Rand *******s.

Fifty million bucks is chump change to a man who owns the richest sports franchise on the planet and is worth nearly 14 billion. If he fancies enchiladas for lunch he can just order the boat to pop down to Cancún and help himself to a spot of fishing for marlin later that night.
It's a different world.

But you don't have to buy one to enjoy the luxury lifestyle enjoyed by Jerry Jones; no!
All you need is 350,000 Euros and you can hire this beauty for a week to travel wherever your fancy takes you...

You could rent this in April for £1,500 a week and take 8 people
main.jpg

Park it next to the super yachts or get even closer to the nice beach

main.jpg

A week?

8 people for 7 days for £1500, assuming two share a room that would be equivalent of 4 rooms for 7 nights working out at £53 per room per night or just under £27 per person per room per night -

Bargain I'd say.

But don't you need some sort of license or experience to pilot one of these yachts?

You can rent a skipper for around £100-£150 (they need commercial endorsement) a day or find some captain Birdseye who fancies a holiday. There are plenty of forums. Personally if you've got no experience then you need a Yacht Master or at least a coastal skipper.

The Charter company can throw in a skipper and insurance for £3K including the boat. You will need probably another £500 for fuel and £100-£200 for mooring fees, but mostly you'll want to anchor out for free.

main.jpg

There's no room for a helicopter...

...and my days of hiring a boat to sail the high seas ended after a dramatic day sailing up the Sound of Mull - it all began very nicely, puttering along with the coastline alongside but the sky began to darken as we approached Tobermory and gale force winds beat the crap out of us coming into the full blast of the Atlantic where waves bullied the boat around like a cork.
Two hours of concentrated terror it took to reach safety and i've never drank a beer more thankfully than i did in the pub that night. I had another to see if the first one had got lost because i could still feel the floor swaying 'neath my feet and when that didn't arrive i had another beer with a shot of vodka for extra support. Still nothing, but the floor appeared to becoming firmer underfoot so i had a couple more beers and a bag of pork scratchings for moral terpitude which sent back the reassuring message that i was indeed pished enough to begin recovery in an orderly fashion.

As far as i'm concerned the human race has spent two million years evolving from the ocean and i see no reason to rush back to it. Frankly, it was a mistake to come down from the trees.

Well that one is in Lefkas, southern Ionian - known for its calm sees and beginner lever sailing. The only thing you'll likely deal with is a freshly qualified day skipper, unable to park.

Let's get this right....all you lot dissing the boats are plain jealous!

Are you telling me Yacht A is a nice looking boat? It looks like a vehicle transporter.

Sponsored Links
Back