Stop watching a thread.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do I still receive notifications when I have un-checked the boxes in more options

Watch this thread...

and receive email notifications.......

Sponsored Links
There's three places, ajs.
There's in your profile page, about 5th option down. You can get to the same place (I think it's the same place), by clicking on your 'Alerts' top right corner, then 'Alert Preferences'..
There's top right hand corner of thread, opposite the page count.
Or there's the one that you referred to, I assume, at the bottom of your comment, prior to submission. It's there when editing a previous post also.

Sponsored Links
No probs. As I mentioned in this other comment relating to the same problem:
How the hell do you get rid of email alerts from threads? Annoying. I see the options for watch this thread and receive email but they won't unset
Some are specific settings applying only to that thread. Some are general settings and apply to all threads but may be over-ridden by specific settings.
You can think you've set general preferences but the specific settings can override them, or even worse, your general settings are set to default, and you're watching every thread that you comment on. Then you realise, so you change your general settings, but the previous settings have already been set on previous threads and don't change, but become specific settings, specific to those threads, which you have to go back and change individually.

Back